A Career at ROI … Join the Best Team in the Industry!
Business Brokerage in the 21st Century
A career in business brokerage and/or commercial real estate sales at ROI Corp could be the best move you ever make! According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce there are over eleven million privately owned businesses in the United States and it’s estimated that one in five businesses will change owners during the next year. Simple math says that more than two million businesses will experience a transfer of ownership. In the next decade, ten trillion dollars of business value being transferred. That is a staggering opportunity!
The Entrepreneurial Studies Department of Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts conducted a national survey of business brokers. The average annual commissions were $253,000. The survey also points to additional annual revenue of $60,000 from fees collected for marketing and valuation reports and in the case of ROI Corp, commercial real estate services.
Multiple Income Sources for a New Broker
As is the norm with business broker career tracks, employment with ROI Corp is a commission based opportunity. Choose ROI Corp because we offer more ways to earn income than most other business brokers. You will receive compensation for:
- Seller Representation: Listing and selling businesses is the mainstay of the profession.
- Buyer Representation: ROI created a proprietary program called Proactive Acquisition Search Services (“PASS”).
- Family member or key employee owner transfer: Many businesses do not sell to third parties but are transferred to a known party.
- Valuations: Clients need valuations for many reasons including the sale of a business, estate planning, divorce, partner buy-outs and more.
- Consulting Services: ROI Corp’s Value Maker System guides a business owner on how to improve their business’ value in the years prior to a sale.
- Corporate Real Estate Sales: At ROI, we also hold Corporate Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Georgia Real Estate Brokerage Licenses. Brokers can achieve additional earnings from the sale of commercial real estate associated with or independent of a business sale after you obtain a sales agents license.
- Co-broker with Business Brokers Alliance: We are affiliates of the Business Brokers Alliance of New England, the largest network of business brokers in the Northeast. BBANE provides professional support services to co-broker all members’ “Main Street” listings. We, as participating brokers are affiliated by pursuing a common cause, which is aimed toward bringing buyers and sellers together no matter which broker may have the listing. We have immediate access to a national database of buyers and sellers through the listings of other regional business listing services with whom we cooperate.
ROI Hires Experienced and New Agents
We are dedicated to the new broker’s success and have a track record to prove it. You may start your career as an Agent in one of two ways with ROI.
New Agent – New agents may join ROI and receive full training. A qualified candidate will most likely be a former business owner or sales professional with strong skills in understanding business financials and communication.
Preferred Agent – An ROI Preferred Agent is an experienced agent that has been in the business a minimum of two years and has five documented closings to his or her credit. ROI’s team approach will assist the Preferred Agent in closing more deals through mentoring, training and leads. With Preferred Agent status comes the opportunity for larger commission splits.
ROI offers one of the most comprehensive training programs in our industry. Training will include business valuation, prospecting, paperwork, closing the deal and all other aspects of business brokerage. This training begins with a one week course and then progresses with bi-weekly training sessions and consistent mentoring. We also strongly promote and advise on outside training that is available at a low cost as well. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement for IBBA, M&A Source and other approved continuing education.
Your career at ROI Corp will be supported by ongoing efforts to attract businesses to sell and buyers to represent. While you will need to generate your own leads, you will also have additional leads supplied to you from ROI’s website and other sources. Most importantly, we will teach you successful methods for obtaining clients. ROI will support you directly by having a senior broker attend key presentations as needed to assure your success from the outset of your career. You will have the positive reputation of one of the largest and most successful business brokerage firms in New England on your side.
This is a great opportunity for those that are ready for a change from the everyday grind of running your own employee based business or working for Corporate America. You will dictate your schedule, your lifestyle, and the clients you would like to work with. Integrity, patience, perseverance and the ability to form relationships are the qualities to success.